Harvard CS says to me yesterday with a condescending smile: No not really, there's not much to bitcoin, it lacks any of the complexity we see in cutting edge computer science; blockchains they're slow, expensive, and difficult to maintain things; I struggle to notice any technological innovation. (Reddit Bitcoin)

Originally published at: Harvard CS says to me yesterday with a condescending smile: No not really, there’s not much to bitcoin, it lacks any of the complexity we see in cutting edge computer science; blockchains they’re slow, expensive, and difficult to maintain things; I struggle to notice any technological innovation. (Reddit Bitcoin) – We Never See Nothing

Mallardshead: If you look directionally at our human past, you’ll notice a dominant recurring theme with complexity, which is this: you’ll notice the greatest inventions and ideas of all time were stupefyingly simple: fire, the wheel, the compass, pasteurization, printing press, electricity, Uber, etcetera. Things so simple that most people laughed, were too smart for,…