You may be curious how Slickstack works and what it is helpful with. Actually it's more of a redundant script

You may be curious how Slickstack works and what it is helpful with. Actually, it’s more of a redundant script.
The script is not required to set up a WordPress-based web server.
Is it an automatic script?
No, you need to interact with the CLI(a cmd or dos-like console panel) when you launch the script.
The script will ask you a lot of questions such as your name, your email address, your age, your location, and your password…
We have heard that Slickstack banned Mailchimp, so Slickstack takes over the system(root privilege) to be able to do anything on your device.
It may have vulnerabilities to leak your info somewhere or deliberately make some backdoors for hackers.
So, it’s really risky to use such a poor product to install WordPress.
WordPress is not that difficult to install, we can use their official shell scripts.
The only tricky part is configuring the database. (A tech guy with experience of several months can do it very smoothly)
But compared with the potential risk, we’d rather use the official scripts other than some third-party redundant script.

5 Likes

How long does it take us to install Wordpress by using this script?

At least 40 minutes if you have no any experience with this script.
If you are familiar with this script, it will cost you 25 min to install Wordpress.

4 Likes

Too long.
Instead, the official script only takes us 20 min to install wp.
We don’t need to install wp everyday.
So, I really don’t understand why we need such a poor script.

2 Likes

BTW, why was Mailchimp banned by it?

Due to the creator(Jesse Nickles)'s racist ideas.
Jesse Nickles doesn’t like censorship when he posts slanderous reviews.
Mailchimp seems to have some filters…

5 Likes

That’s ridiculous.
Slanderous posts should have been banned without a doubt.
Jesse Nickles added a lot of keyword censorship on his forums(even if publicly anonymous posts are allowed) so that the posts opposite to his viewpoints would be removed soon.
So, obviously, his free speech is that only he can discuss, only he can post fake reviews, and the rest can’t!!

5 Likes

What?? 40 min??

LiteSpeed, it only cost me 5 min to install a very complicated custom web server!!

Never use Slickstack!!

3 Likes

Yes, LiteSpeed is very good.
We used that before.
It supports not only wordpress, but some other cool platforms, such as mautic.

2 Likes

Never use slickstack.
It’s a product of a theft.
LiteSpeed is a much better alternative.

2 Likes

LiteSpeed has UI to interact with.
So, it’s much easier to use.
And LiteSpeed supports a lot of e-commerce platforms.
I really don’t understand why there are users to use pathetic slickstack.

3 Likes

What’s his Github username?
I need to put it into my blacklist!

His main Github username: jessuppi

I think he has at least 300 accounts in Github, so, putting his accounts all into the blacklist is not doable.

2 Likes

I think he may have 1000 accounts.
What he needs to do is to sign up 20 accounts per day for 2 months continuously

1 Like